What is a Star Bar? A Star Bar is a Blue Ribbon Classics! It is a vanilla flavored frozen dairy dessert dipped in chocolate flavored coating. Star Bars are nostalgic for me. I’m not sure if it is the light snapping sound you get when you bit into the chocolate outside coating or if it’s the sweet taste of the vanilla dessert inside but regardless, it is nostalgic. I love passing along that nostalgic feeling to my son who is also a huge fan of Blue Ribbon Classics Star Bars. Hampton is such a big fan, I had to figure out a way to make them festive this St. Patrick’s Day! Lucky for you, I am sharing this creative, easy and fun way to enjoy Star Bars. Follow the steps below to create your very own Rainbow Star Bars today!
WHAT YOU NEED
Easily shop all the ingredients for this recipe and more at your neighborhood Walmart.
- 1 Box Blue Ribbon Star Bars Frozen Dairy Dessert (20-count)
- 1 8 ounce Cool Whip (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Milk
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (3.4 ounces)
- 3 Tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
- 6 Rainbow Striped Sour Candy Strips (Halved)
- Optional- Shimmer Sprinkles
WHAT TO DO
- Place rainbow striped sour candy on a large plate or tray in the freezer.
- In a large bowl combine thawed cool whip, dry instant vanilla pudding mix, and confectioner’s sugar.
- Using a whisk, stir until well blended.
- Immediately place whipped frosting mixture in a large resealable plastic bag. Place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until frosting thickens.
- Remove the cold plate, striped sour candy strips, and the cool whip frosting from the freezer. Unwrap one Star Bar at a time and place on cold plate.
- Cut a small hole at the end of the plastic bag with the whipped frosting and carefully pipe two small clouds onto each Star Bar.
- Quickly form a rainbow by using the frozen rainbow striped sour candies. If you decide to decorate with shimmer sprinkles, this is the time to do so.
- Return Star Bar Rainbows to the freezer until ready to eat.