Celebrate sunshine and spring-time with a new citrus inspired cream sauce recipe! This creamy lemon pasta with asparagus pairs perfectly with grilled salmon, chicken or even shrimp. Create this light and flavorful dinner in just a few steps with the ingredients below. Bon Appetit!
What You Need
- 3/4 lb Angelhair Pasta
- Fresh Shaved Parmesean Cheese
- 1 Lemon, Halved
- 3/4 Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 lb Asparagus, trimmed and cut into halves
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Pepitas- For Topping
- Boil water and cook pasta accordingly.
- In a large pan, saute’ cut asaparagus with 1 tablespoon of butter for 4-5 minutes. Set aside once cooked.
- In the same large pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and combine flour, dijon mustard, a dash salt & pepper.
- Squeeze half of lemon into mixture and whisk together until a thick paste is formed.
- Continue to whisk and stir in heavy cream.
- Pour the creamy sauce over angel hair pasta and asparagus.
- Sprinkle with shaved parmsean and pepita seeds [OPTIONAL]
Enjoy this delicous dish using my dining essentials…
Follow me on Pinterest for MORE fun spring-time recipes by clicking the link below!